Welcome to the Conscious Consulting Podcast. My name is Julia Culen and this episode explores the power of Impact networks. My Guest today is Yingzhao Liu: when I meet Ying the first time in 2016 she was a Director for User Experience Design at LinkedIn and lived in a Buddhist Community. Her Keynote on „Integration“ she gave at a huge San Francisco conference impressed me deeply and since that times we are friends.
Today Ying lives in Seattle she is a Leadership Lecturer at Stanford University, artist, mother, Designer and Strategist at Converge and Advisor at CCG.
One of her key work focus is to consult impact networks: Ying is convinced, networks are the future of work and organizations.
In this podcast we are exploring deeper in questions such as:
- What is an impact network
- And how to cultivate a network mindset
- What are key success factors to grow and sustain impact networks?
- what we can learn from nature
- could networks replace hierarchies for good?
To make it easier for you we created chapters, you can find the structure in the shownotes and go directly to a topic that interests you most. Or simply listen to the whole thing it is worthwhile. Enjoy!
1:30 – What is an impact network?
9:00’: What is the difference between and impact networks and other types of networks?
- Purpose of Networks
- Examples of Impact Networks
- Systemic Change
18’ – Network Mindset
- Personal Purpose – why are we here?
- Distribution of power
- Living Systems Worldviews
- Mental Model of Complexes
- Millenials and younger generations
- Networks and emerging technologies like blockchain, DAOs..
23’ traditional organizations vs network
- relationship vs. task orientation
- consent based decision making model
29’ Diversity & Inclusion
- Human and Group Dynamics
- Tools how make different perspectives visible
- Dealing with human emotions..
33’ Key Challenges and key success factors to keep it going
- Commitment, Frustration
- Relationship & Friendship
- People & Purpose
- Intentional weaving of relationships
38’ Yings personal journey
- Experiences in her personal and professional life that draws her towards networks
- Showing up as a whole and full person
- Creating cultures of connection and trust
- making the intangible tangible
- people demanding meaningful worksplaces
- The network way of working
46’ : Taking inspiration from nature
- our brain is a network and the forests are networks very
- intelligent networks
- recognizing nature’s organization
- nested hierarchies
To Connect with Ying:
To learn more about impact networks:
https://www.converge.net/trainings–Ying will co-lead the Network Essentials workshop on April 8, 2022
https://www.converge.net/trainings#toolkit–free resources for your work